Are you interested in obtaining a Master & PhD Scholarships, then you need to check out Deakin University Scholarships in Australia 2023. About 400 Deakin University Scholarships in Australia for the academic year, 2023 are available. The University is giving Scholarships in some academic fields/majors so that a broad range of fields of study options is available for international students to undertake Master’s Degree programs and PhD. Degree Programs. That’s why this article is here to help you with the step-by-step process on how to apply for the Deakin University Scholarship. The Master’s Degree program will last for 2 Years whereas the Doctoral degree program will be 4 Years. The Full Detailed Information about the 2023 Deakin University Scholarship is given below.
There are several types of scholarships for international students at Deakin University. They are given below:
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Deakin University Funded Scholarships
- External Scholarships
ACADEMIC FIELDS OF STUDY
Deakin University Scholarships’ academic fields of study are as follows:
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Built Environment
- Institute for Frontier Materials
- Institute for Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
Expenses covered are as follows:
- Stipend: an annual Living Allowance of AUD$28,092 for up to 2 Years for a Research Masters degree, and up to 4 Years for a Research Doctorate Degree.
- Full tuition fee for Masters up to 2 Years & For Doctoral Degree up to 4 Years.
- Medical funds (Paid sick leave).
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Travel allowance airfare (to travel from their home country to/from Deakin University).
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT AND UNIVERSITY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS
- MS and Ph.D. Scholarships at Deakin University
- Australian Government Scholarship
- Endeavour Scholarships
- HDR Scholarship
- Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship
STEP BY STEP PROCESS FOR DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
- Draft an academic CV- oxford format; this is compulsory (Max 3 Page)
- Prepare a Cover letter; this is also compulsory. (Max 1-2 Page). The Cover letter and Motivation letter are similar. To help you, here’s a Guide on how to draft the Best Motivation Letter for Scholarship Application. Put together a Research Proposal. Also, you need to contact professors in international universities.
The First Step
Before applying, all applicants (other than those applying to study in the Faculty of Business and Law) must contact a supervisor within the relevant faculty, school or institute to discuss research opportunities.
Business and Law applicants are prompted to email the faculty directly for all supervisor related inquiries.
- Find a Research Supervisor
- Define your area of Interest
- Chose the right faculty (Deakin’s four faculties are Arts and Education, Business and Law, Health and Science, Engineering and Built Environment.)
Choosing a Supervisor
You’ll need to find a supervisor who you can work with both professionally and personally, as you’ll be working with them for the period of your degree.
Here are Questions to Ask your Supervisor
To determine if a supervisor is right for you, you might like to ask:
- Research area of specialization
- Areas of research they have previously worked on
- Experience in research
- Do they have time to supervise you?
- What is their preferred working relationship, i.e. what level of guidance do they offer, mode and frequency of communications, expectations of setting milestones, and how quickly do they provide feedback?
- What is the research culture of the workplace where the supervisor is located?
- How many students are they currently supervising and have supervised to completion in the past
- What percentage of their students completed their degree?
- How many of them were completed in the normal time limit?
- Did the students pass the first time or were a re-examination required?
- What were the employment outcomes of previous students?
- What sort of publication track record did they have when they completed?
Obtaining Professor’s Approval
After obtaining a Professor’s approval, follow this next step here
GENERAL PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION AND SCHOLARSHIPS IN AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES
- Search the universities and professors in Australia of your relevant interest.
- Read all professor’s profiles, research interests, and projects. (You can also discover the research interests of professors by finding in Google their published research papers or on their website).
- Send them a mail with your research CV and a good email message (just like a cover letter) by showing how you fit in their lab/work.
- How you can show that you fit in the professor’s lab, you can do it by reading the professor’s papers and giving references to his work in the cover letter.
- Be straightforward in your cover letter and you do not need to show that you belong to a poor family or you have dreamed of doing work in Australia etc.
- For the research CV, you just need to explain what you did in your bachelor/masters degree in the form of a paragraph. Relate your previous work plus your final year project with that professor’s research work and show him/her your interest in his work).
- Remember one thing, first visit the faculty profile of the respective university for applying to the Ph.D. program.
- Some universities do not encourage to contact supervisors directly; in that case, fill out their EOI (expression of interest form) and submit it online.
- When the professor replies to you, then he/she will guide you through the whole process and apply for admission to the university.
- IELTS is mandated, so do it as soon as possible
- For scholarships, universities have their scholarships and mostly professors guide you to apply for them or you can see university websites and how to apply for them.
Follow the above points and start applying. The process of applying in Australia and South Korea is the same. Although, in Korea, a Professor has his funding, unlike in Australia where Universities give you funding.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DEAKIN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
To apply for the Master and Ph.D. Scholarship at Deakin University. Visit HERE The application process is completely online, just follow all the steps above.